In 2012, Saint John Paul II Catholic School became under the direction of the Diocese of St. Petersburg. By challenging our students to reach their full God-given potential, SJP2 helps every child develop a spirit of love, service and respect. Our school community provides a nurturing environment where teachers care about each student’s development. Inspired by Saint John Paul II and rooted in the Catholic faith, our mission is to develop young people who strive for academic excellence, recognize the dignity of each individual and foster service to others.
- 7:55 a.m. – 3:05p.m. for Full Day EC3, EC4 and Kindergarten
- 7:55 a.m. – 3:15p.m. for 1st – 8th grade
Points of Pride
- Our students consistently perform well on national assessment tests and many of our graduates have been recognized for academic achievements when they advance to high school.
- Fully accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference.
- Florida Core Standards and Next Generation Standards infused with our Catholic identity.
- All middle school students participate in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- Colors: black, white, maroon and silver
- Team name: The Eagles
- Mascot: Eagles
- National Catholic Education Association (NCEA)
- Florida Catholic Conference
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP)
Many students are children of past alumni as they continue in the tradition of a faith-based Catholic education.
Saint John Paul II Catholic School
4341 W Homosassa Trail, Lecanto, FL 34461